Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The plane ride
I chose the title for this blog for obvious reasons---Thailand is a long plane ride away. 21-22 hours of plane ride depending on the winds. That's 6 movies, three dinners, one breakfast, and a mid-flight snack! I used to take along all kinds of reading material, a walkman and assorted cds, and a few magazines to supplement the in-flight entertainment. This assortment meant that my carry-on "bag" weighed more than it was possible to lift into the overhead bin! That's all changed though, thanks to my ipod---hours of entertainment in one small, easily carried package. I have made this trip so many times now, that I approach it like a project. First objective, make the seat as "homey" as possible---pillow for the back, blanket, and make sure those earphones work! Second, figure out the strategy for in-flight excercise. This relies on careful timing in between the flight attendants blocking the aisles with their carts. Last, take two tylenol pm, and hope you wake up in Bangkok! Tomorrow at 3 pm I get to try it all over again. Yes it's long, but it's kind of fun too---and at the end of the journey are lots of smiles, hugs and a comfortable bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Pad! We'll be praying for a smooth trip and homey seating arrangements!
Big hugs and lots of love,
Eleanor for all the Ryans
We love you Pad and will commit to pray for you every day at lunchtime. I have a growing taste for sweet coconut rice with fresh mango and ice cream. any chance you might be going to JJ's?? Enjoy your trip.
James says, "I hope you have a fun time in Thailand. And that you get hugs from all the kids in the orphanage." Michael says, "I wish I could ride in the big plane. I hope you have a fun time with Buncha."
hey pad, its sarah:):):):):) i just wanted tolet you know that i think it si so cool that you are back in thailand!!!! i will be praying for your time there and please try to come home safely!!!!!
Love sarah<3
Post a Comment