Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mae Patty Duu!!!

Remember when you were a kid and you would yell at the top of your lungs...."Hey mom...LOOK!!!" That's what I heard over and over again yesterday, my first day back at Agape. "Duuu" is the Thai word for "look"....at the speed running cartwheel I can do, at the HUGE beetle that is clutching my hand with its curled talons, at my shirt, at how tall I am, at the sewing project I am working on, at my braces, at my birthday cake, at...at...at...!!! What fun! The kids are always full of stories and were talking at me about a mile a minute, testing my sleep addled brain as I struggled to keep up with the rapid-fire Thai. I love every second of it...especially when all of a sudden there is a hand in mine, or a head on my shoulder, or four of the little ones all trying to sit in my lap at the same time. I already feel 10 years younger and so blessed to be here! There are 80 children and young people at Agape now--our biggest census yet. There are several new babies in the nursery, and they will be such fun to get to know. I do his without thinking about the inevitable goodbye in a couple of weeks, savoring each moment for what it is--grateful for the privilege of being part of their lives.

No comments: