Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Away we go!!
Dear Friends-tomorrow marks my 14th trip (give or take one or more!) to Chiang Mai, Thailand! I remember the first half dozen or so times taking this trip---so exciting to think about the long flight, the transits through Tokyo, Taipei and other exotic locales, managing the Bangkok Airport and the luggage all the way---it always felt like such an adventure! These days, I must admit that while I so look forward to getting there, the trip over is kind of a drudge! The airplane seats are uncomfortable (understatement!), the food is okay, but not too interesting, going through the extra security check in Tokyo is more than a little annoying after 12 hours in flight---with nearly 8 more to go---yuck!! Why do it? Well, for me this is like going home. When I am there, it is like home to me and unfortunately, the only way to get there is by putting in lots of airplane time. Still in all, I am incredibly blessed and fortunate to get to go at all---so, the bags are packed, the books, ipod, and assorted distractions are packed, and I am more-or-less ready to go. I am glad to have you come along on this journey too. Who knows, I may just enjoy the flight yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See you at 7.25 Friday morning... the trip here is definitely worth it... just think about all the laughs, kisses and Mae Patty call outs you will get when you are here... see you soon xxoo
Post a Comment