It's almost always late at night when you are tired and just trying to get through the teeth brushing and get to bed when you see them. For me it was last night, and what looked like either a centipede (bad), leach (also bad), or slug (the least bad of the three bads!) that was struggling mightily to squeeze through a drain in the floor and get me! Centipede, you might be thinking...how bad can that be?! Plenty I say for they grow here to near epic proportions (I once saw one that was a foot long), have a coat of armour like scales (a throw-back from some dinosaur era) making them nearly impossible to squish without some tool to help, and about a million tentacles that will latch on to you and inject you with a painful venom that requires a trip to the hospital for an anti-venom shot---ouch!! I did what I have often done in the past---sprayed it back into the drain with a water hose, shut off the light and slammed the door behind me exiting stage right.
Oh, then there is the snakes, spiders and lizards...but that is a story for another day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Patty - Thanks for all the fun stories and especially the pictures. You look so happy and of course, so do the children. Loved the little girl asleep in the bouncy chair/swing. I have been hearing in the news about protest in Thailand so I hope you are ok and that you will get home safely.
Jill from the office
Post a Comment