Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Morning Out!

Going on outings with the kids is always a favorite part of the work day. Back in the day when I was here full time, I tried to get out at least once a week with one of the groups-but my time on these visits is usually so jam-packed that I can't get away. Today was different though, and I got to join the young preschoolers for their expedition to Carrefour (kind of like Target in SE Asia!). Off we hurled in the Van (with Avis at the wheel, the speed of travel is never sedate!), to our destination---in search of Khanom and adventure. Of course, this is also an opportunity to pick up a few things for the home so after we arrived, we split into groups to get the shopping accomplished. My cart passenger was quite a good companion-munching on some cheese twists and commenting on things as we walked past. I needed to pick up some tissue-and as always enjoyed comparing the brands available with what we have at home (to this day my all-time favorite is the "Sit and Smile" brand of toilet paper!). Here instead of Puffs infused with Vicks Vapo-Rub for that cold, there is Kleenex infused with Eucalyptus, and instead of the small boxes with flowers on them there were triangle wedge-shaped boxes that looked like fruit slices--green for Som-O (Chinese grapefruit), and red for Watermelon (Dangmoo). As the clip below will attest, my faithful passenger was just delighted with these---especially the watermelon that looked so real you could almost take a bite out of it!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is just so cool to see video of the kids. And yes, I think those Kleenex boxes would be a big hit over here!